The best week of the year is here: ROUND UP!
Monday was PBR date with Sterling. So fun. I LOVE PBR.
 |
| First we went to Maz. Mexican food= my favorite. |
 |
I loved this hat! But Sterl said I looked like I was about to go get drunk and sleep with a random cowboy.
So I didn't buy it. And now I really regret it. Not for the drunk cowboy part... |
 |
| Just friends. But darn good ones at that! |
 |
Let'er Buck!
|
Dang it, all I want are two things. JUST TWO THINGS! That's not too much to ask for.. right? Horse and a cowboy? Nah.. that's not too much. ;)
Today I went to the rodeo. I remember as a child going to the rodeo.. all I wanted was to be a cowgirl.. I really wanted to be a Round Up princess. While that has never happened nor will it ever happen, today was a big day. I got to sing the National Anthem for close to 10,000 people at the PENDLETON ROUND UP! And, while announcing my name and where I am from, they called me a cowgirl. I think I blushed a bit because I was so excited. Haha!
 |
| sososoooo excited!!!!!!!!!!! |
 |
while waiting to go out into the arena, I met JJ Harrison! He's so super nice and funny.
And I swear he runs ultra marathons. that guy has tons of energy. |
And then I finished and it was over and I was sooooo happy. Listening to it again, yes there are a ton of things I wish I could go back and fix. but hey, it's over. and i was really really nervous. and at least i didn't mess up the words! Thank GOODNESS! Lotsa prayers went into this one, haha. I'm a huge adrenaline junky.. and this is definitely my jam.
 |
Of course I had to meet up with my BEAUTIFUL BEST FRIEND KARLEE!
Who is single, guys... so *cough cough*... |
 |
| And my super cute cousin Mary Kate who is a Round Up princess this year! |
 |
Barrel Racing is probably my favorite part. Love it!
I love this week. It's a time when our community really comes together and we all support each other. I'm really grateful for all of the love, support, and encouragement from all of my friends and family this week. I love you!
p.s. I'm not doing to the TRI anymore.. it's just too expensive. I want to try and do a half marathon the same weekend though! We'll see how it goes. This week I'm going to try going paleo. Not for the diet, but for me and how I feel. The end!
|
You sounded amazing! And the guts it took to go out there and do it is Cuh Ray Zee! I'm so proud of you and...AND I WANT THAT SHIRT! I need to have my mom get one for me...where did you get it!? I'm serious...dead serious. Message me on fb and tell me where to send my mom or Ben :)
ReplyDelete