Thursday, September 5, 2013

Country. It's in my blood.


Last Saturday my mom, Cass, Sarah, grandma, and I headed to Halfway, OR for the Baker County Fair! I've never been into animals much, but the rest of them LOVES animals. Weirdos. ;)
My favorite were the cows. I have always loved horses and cows. Cass loves the sheep, and Sarah loves the goats and bunnies. I have to admit.. the bunnies were PRETTY cute.
on the way there..
day old hair dont care.


twins? yeahhno.





LOOK AT THE FUZZYWUZZY LIKE GUY! so stinkin cute. melted my heart.
 Then we went across the street to the cemetery and found a ton of family names for my mom! She's been going real gung-ho on geneology (woohoo!) and needed some FACTS.

ended the day with a BEAUTIFUL Baker Valley sunset.
Labor Day, instead of going somewhere fun and exciting like normal human beings, we stayed home and canned. Which I'm sure I'll appreciate in 5 months when I'm back at school starving. OR If there's some zombie apocalypse or something weird, we'll be ready. Will you?
pears
onion cutting duty.. done right.



WE HAVE HUGE ZUCCHINIS!

So my training has kind of not been going too well.. I'm just so busy! And so tired all the time! And busy. Ugh. Lame excuses, I know I know. Next week I will be sooo good though. I promise. On the up side, I swam a whole mile yesterday nonstop! My friend TO sent me this and I LOVE IT.

And since I haven't been working out like I should be.... I've been eating lots of junk food also. Today was M's bday, so I made these babies to take to work!
 
Cake mix.. Betty Crocker (TOP SECRET for success!) with a couple raspberries baked in da middle.
Chocolate buttercream frosting... this is my favorite recipe. When its refrigerated it kind of tastes like and has a similar texture to ice cream!
Chocolate ganache... I used this recipe and really liked it! Super simple, too!
Top with a raspberry and voila! A Jordan-made cupcake creation.

Finally, I really love love love this talk. Please read it. :) CLICK HERE. It's on dating.. so I guess if you're married you don't really need it, but I wish I had read it before I started college. It would have helped me perspective a lot! Or maybe reading it accompanied with my dating experiences is what made the difference.. I dunno. Even if you're not mormon, it's still great.

Till next time, yo!

No comments:

Post a Comment