Since I've been home I've been workin like a maaaad woman! It's pretty hard, dirty work, but I'd be lying if I said I don't love it. I love that exhausted, sweaty, dirty feeling at the end of a hard day's work.
| At first it was suuuper sunny and hot, and I got super sunburned/tan!!! |
| But since then it's been suuuper rainy and cold. Boo. Oh well, still happy! Do ya like my rain suit? ;) |
Also recently, my friend Sterling taught me how to shoot a gun! It's so fun! And guess what? I actually hit the clay pigeons! I was pretty shocked, too. Musta just been beginners luck.
Alright, so this is what I've REALLY been wanting to blog about! Starting on June 3, I'm going to be training for a half marathon! Booyah!!! I'm so excited. Click Here! Check it out and you can do it too!! My friend Kiley has got me all set up for it. Here's the awesome training plan!
Oh man. I'm just so excited. I have been super lazy and not wanting to run, but I've been trying to ride my bike a ton! At least home from work a few days a week. Today I rode out to work and back though!
It was a super beautiful, rainy ride in the country. I luuuuu-uh-uhve it.
Except for the Helix exit hill. That KILLED. And my chain fell off half way up it. But this girl is on the pathway to being fit! I've heard that there is a really high chance of me gaining at least 20 pounds on the mission.. so maybe if I were to lose 20 now? Haha, probably not possible in the time that I have (and plus, I dont really need to), I just want to go spiritually, mentally, and physically as ready as possible by August 20th, when I leave.
Back to the half marathon, my plan is to run in the mornings, and ride my bike home from work everyday (weather permitting), and then on Tuesdays and Thursdays (cross-training days), I will bike both to and from work. And ideally, I want to do a HIIT workout at night. Buuutttt we'll see about the last one... I just get so tired from work alone!
Also, I am working on eating clean. After reading Kiley's blog (here) today, I decided to try making my own larabars! Uhhh.. yum!! The recipe is here, and I made the blueberry muffin and peanut butter cookie ones. I got three bars out of each kind.
Blueberry muffin ones:
| 1/4 c. blueberries and 1/4 c. pitted dates. For the dates, I recommend Safeway. Walmart here doesn't carry them! Weirdos. |
| Put it in the processor, push the button until it looks like this (pasty), then transfer to another bowl. |
| Then chop up 1/2 c. of cashews (in food processor), 1/2 tsp. finely grated lemon zest (I just used a little squirt of lemon juice), and 1/4 tsp. of cinnamon. Knead together with your hands, and.. |
| VOILA! A blueberry muffin larabar. Wrap in saran and put in fridge for at least 20 mins. Peanut butter cookie larabars: |
| make a paste from 1/4 cup of dates and place in separate bowl. |
| 1/4 cup of peanuts and cashews plus 1 TBS. of natural pb.. mix dates and nut mixture and 1/4 tsp. of cinnamon in separate bowl and there ya got it.. |
| a peanut butter cookie larabar. yum. |
I'm getting super excited to go on the mission.. I just want to leave right NOW! And I don't know what it is, but since I've gotten my call, I have like a built-in radar for real goodlooking guys. HAHA! It's kinda funny. This last week I got to go out with Pendleton's sister missionaries, and I love it! I'm just getting real excited, and I know that I will be soooo happy being there. :)
Well, time to get back to Anne of Green Gables! Love it!