Happy Father's Day to the best dad(s) ever.
Most people call this guy Don or Arbo, but I call him dad. He has taught me to value hard work, to love adventure and nature, and how to cook a steak. He has always been there for me, ready and willing to give me any sort of dating advice. He really likes dancing in the kitchen. The one thing I remember him telling me the most is to "just be nice to everybody." He's a pretty darned great guy, and one heck of an awesome dad. Love you dad!!!
I don't have many pictures of Doug since he's always the one behind the camera, but let me tell ya, this guy is a blessing. He loves my mom and loves to spoil her with Idaho Spuds whenever he gets the chance. He has always been there for me, ready to give me a blessing in any time of need. He super goofy (see picture one), and is the best dad to my little sisters and brothers, and an awesome husband to my mom. So thanks for everything! Love ya!
Alrighty, so lately I have been crazyouttamymind busy. I work all day and then sometimes ride my bike the 40 minutes home, and then either have soccer practice or a church activity until 9ish.
A couple of weeks ago, my crew at work got to take a trip to Corvallis to weed some quinoa plots! It was super fun, and I've been EXTREMELY blessed to LOVE the people that I work with.
| the clouds made a heart.. how cute. |
| this was my first time having my own hotel room.. EVER. obviously i was a little excited. |
| definitely not afraid to get dirty. |
| free late-night pb&j and cookies at the hotel! AHH SO AWESOME. |
| the whole crew! yeah, we like each other. |
| My girls and I at a childhood friend, Chyanne's, graduation. |
| Oops.. maybe Ashley and I ate a little tooo much. |
| Chelsea and I definitely know how to crash an Elder's Quorum activity! |
Happy belated national donut day! We took a late-night trip to Up With Donuts to celebrate and the donuts were FRESH out of the oven. Oh my gosh. My maple bar melted in my mouth. If you know me, you know I LOVE maple bars.. so I was one happy girl.
Becuase I've been so busy, Friday nights have kinda become my family night. So we went bowling! So fun. Claire had been super cranky before we went, but she loved bowling so much! Her smile explains everything. She would jump up and say, "I LOVE BOWLING!!!!" Or "Jordan, I just LOVE you!" And look at those cutie bowling booties! I love my family!
| Awesomeness must run in the family.. (Haha get it? run? HAHA) |
So I've developed a crazy I-can-do-whatever-I-want streak. After only having ran 4.5 miles at most in one day for my half-marathon training, I decided to jump into a 15K race yesterday morning! WHAT. IS. WRONG. WITH. ME. It was defintely not one of my better ideas. Miles 1-3 were all uphill and really sucked, but then miles 4-6 were AWESOME and I felt super great, but then miles 7-9 sucked again. Running really does suck. But I ran into my brother there (haha, small towns are great) and we ended up both winning in our age groups! Except I think I was the only one IN my age group, so.... And I'm pretty sure Ben won overall, crazy man. Makes me so proud ;) Anyways, my right foot does this funky thing where it'll go numb for a little while on long runs.. hmm.. I hope that's not bad, haha. I'm so grateful for a body that works and supports my crazy ideas of pushing myself. I'm also really grateful for the example of all my runner friends.. you help me know I can do it!
I feel like running really is 70% mental. Lately my thoughts to keep myself going include, there's a huge steak for you at the finish line.. or after this hill, you will definitely have buns of steel... or there's Ryan Gosling....
But hey, it works. I am on track for running my first half-marathon and I'm SOOO excited for it! I really do love running. I dont know why.. but it just makes me, well.. me. My friend Ashley found this online and it explains everything perfectly..
So yeah, that's why I love it. I'm just really grateful today for my friends and family. God truly does put people into our lives to bless us and make us better. I wish I could put names.. but some are just too special. You may not even know who you are, but thanks anyways.
And I have a secret announcement!!!!!! AHHHH!!!!!! I CAN'T BELIEVE IT! AND YOU WON'T BELIEVE IT EITHER! But I have been told not to put it on here until Augustish.. so I'll let your imaginations wander. ;)



Nice work on the 15K! I only ran 7 miles this weekend. You're kicking my butt with this training!
ReplyDelete