Monday, February 4, 2013

passionate

passion is energy.
 feel the power that comes from focusing on what excites you.
-oprah winfrey

Lately I've been thinking a lot about passions. Ya know.. some people are passionate about dogs, or baking prize-winning goods, or canning, or having a top-notch bod. I was about ready to give up on the idea that I am passionate about anything because I couldn't think of a single thing! Lame, I know.
I even made a huge mental list of possibilities. 

...baking
my little sisters and brother
soccer
singing
service
running
long hair
boys
teaching Relief Society...

the list went on forever. While all of those things are wonderful, they just weren't it.

Tangent: Provo kills me. The smog, the population, the pressure, the snow, blahblahblah. I'm just a small town, easy livin' kinda girl. It was getting to me really bad the other day. But it was a suuuuper beautiful day, so I took myself on a hike up to the Y. It was then that I realized... I actually have a passion.
Something that I love. It excites me. It energizes me. It lets me breathe and think. It's free and always accessible. 

Its the great outdoors. It's air. It's trees. It's a soft trail under my feet. It's a little sweat and a hard time breathing. It's space and time and freedom. It's a closeness to my Savior. It's peace. It's a blessing.


It's a testimony to me that God is real. Get it? There's just nothing more beautiful than something His hands have so obviously touched.

I am happy.

The church is true and the book is blue.
Peace and blessings, ya'll.