Thursday, October 4, 2012

random stuffs.

 


There are just a few things I've been wanting to post about...
 
first. the missionary experience at a church school.
At BYUI I was sleeping in the library one day, as I did everyday, when a guy walked by me and said,
 
"HEY! Looks like you're having a nice nap!"
Yeah.. thanks buddy.. I WAS having a nice nap.. until you YELLED IN MY EAR!
Anyways, he walks away. Not even three seconds later he's back.

 
"Do you know anything about this book?" he asked.
"I just really hate it. We have to read out of it all time... and I just don't get it!
 
WOAHWOAHWOAH! I was thinking.
You can't say something like that here!
 
So I sat him down across from me and we talked for an hour about Abinadi.
He got his homework assignment done, and in the end, I got to bare my testimony of that sweet book.
It has blessed my life in ways I cannot even explain.
Every answer you could ever need... it's right there.
Any counsel you could ever be searching for... there ya go.
its. all. right. there.
 
second. blessings.
There are just a couple huge things that have happened since coming to BYU
that I want to take note of.. things that testify to me that I'm supposed to be here.
 
uno. the truck. the beat up, red, stick shift, 1996 chevy S10.
His name might be Earl.. I just don't know yet.
I wasn't going to bring a rig up here, but then my bro Ben offered me his truck
so I could get a job up here.
I got it a week before heading of to Provo.. and I didn't know how to drive a stick. period.
(If you ever need to learn to drive a stick, Utah is definitely a great place...)
It has the most AWESOME sound system..
and can take ANY curb.
Yeahh... he's a bute.
I love driving down the city streets in the late afternoon..
windows down..
BLARING country music.
I can garauntee no other girl is doing the same exact thing in Provo, UT.
What makes it even BETTER? Guy totally dig it. Booyah.;)
So thanks Ben, for letting me use your truck.
It's been a huge blessing to have up here.
 
dos. the job.
It's called Four Chairs Furniture.
It's not your usual furniture store.. this is more like a boutique for furniture.
The owner does a lot of in-home designing and stuff too!
You can buy furniture both finished or unfished,
and either you can do it yourself or we can do it for you!
I get to dress up everyday.
I put on makeup.
Curl my hairs. It's weird.
I'm used to my cowgirl boots, dirty jeans, cutoff shirts, and baseball hat.
Or my smelly Subway shirt and visor.
 
I'm pretty sure I'm the youngest and the only one that's never been married.
...which is kinda weird... but that's okay.
I LOVE IT.
They pay well and work around my schedule.
How I got it? I have no idea.
But it's been the biggest blessing to have a job that allows me
 to stay in school academically and financially.
I'm so grateful for a Father in Heaven who is taking such good care of me.
 
tres. The Priesthood.
Tonight my roommate Amy and I went to the temple.. but I just couldn't stop crying!
It was so embarassing! Haahaha... I'm such a baby lately.
But I decided that as soon as I got home I'd call my closest friend
 and ask him for a priesthood blessing.
I just really needed comfort and direct, personal answers to a couple questions.
He answered every single one in the most direct way possible.
I am so grateful for young men that live worthy to hold the priesthood.
I am so grateful that they can be intune with the spirit
and act as a bridge to Heavenly Father.
I'm so grateful for his love and guidance.
 
 
third. that's it for now, folks.
It's 1:12 a.m. and I need sleep.
The things mentioned above are just things I needed to make personal record of.
Life is so good.