Monday, November 7, 2011

he's just a boy like those i count in dozens...

I love being LDS. Being a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints is what makes me, me. It's not only my religion, it's my lifestyle.

But by golly, dating at BYU-Idaho is dumb.
Maybe it's just dumb because I'm from Oregon, where boys only date one girl at a time.
But here, boys date lots and lots of girls! And kudos to them. I mean, the more the merrier right?
(Or should I say MARRY-her?)
...byu-i do, ring by spring or your money back...

Really... it's not their fault. I remember the first fireside when we got here talked a lot about how young men, once they return from their missions, need to focus on getting married.
Don't get me wrong. The world today is so focused on trivial, monetary things. People of today seem so focused on getting the new car.. or making sure they're established before they even try to find the right person to spend the rest of forever with. Wouldn't you want to find that right person first? Then you can get esablished together! How cute.
So I do agree we should make finding the right person a bigger priority.

Anyways, this is just me pouting.
I wish things were normal.
Where guys just picked one girl and made them feel special then moved on.

Not take three girls out in one weekend, pick the one girl they liked best, then ask her along with two other girls out for the next weekend, and on and on.
Understand? Maybe I'm just a weird girl. I'm not sure..
but dating here is still weird.

And you know what I just realized?
It great if guys asked girls out just to be friends.
 And I have been on dates like that! It's awesome. (And it's FINE if they take five hundred other girls out, because we're all just trying to be friends!)
But noo... guys here ask girls out to marry them. That's what makes it stressful.

It's also stressful because everyone is so stinkin' lovey dovey and cute.
And in a relationship.



So. In the end, I probably just think this way because
I am not specifically trying to find a husband right this minute.
When it comes, it'll come.
The end.

Oh.. and to my sweet roommates.. ALL THE SINGLE LADIES! all the single ladies...


No comments:

Post a Comment