Sunday, November 13, 2011

baby it's cold outside..

I went on a date this weekend.
It wasn't horrible...
It was okay...
I had a good time...

Okay, okay.. I had a really great time.
(But don't tell anyone!)

We went to an ice cave right outside of Rexburg.
It was crazy! We had to climb up a cliff of ice just to get to the cave.
This is my date scaling the cliff....
Just joking. It wasn't anything like this at all.
But it was so fun! And so beautiful inside! At the very end of the tunnel there was an ice wall with a slide made into it, so we had some fun with that. I wish I had pictures to show! I'll get some if I go again sometime.

Rexburg is having a weird fall/winter this year. It's actually been really nice!
Except for yesterday. My poor roomate Courtney had to walk to the testing center in this...
...picture taken by Courtney Lusk...
At some points all we could see outside the window was white.
Time to get Christmas stuff up? :)

I got my first letter yesterday! Yay!
Elder Steven Isbell sounds like he is doing really good.
I am just so happy to be able to call him my friend.
What an amazing fella.
It's kind of funny.. because now, if I ever hear anyone say "MTC" or "mission field" or SOMETHING along those lines.. I'm always like..
 "MY FRIEND IS ON A MISSION!"
or
"MY BEST FRIEND IS IN THE MTC!"
And I get suuuuuuper excited. Just ask my roommates.
Hahaha, it's kind of silly. And no one cares really... but that's okay.:)

Speaking of missionary work, today in Relief Society we talked about the Gathering of Isreal.
I remember being a little girl and singing the song for the 10th Article of Faith...
of course... i was no where near this cute...
But I never really understood what it meant.
I still don't have a perfect knowledge of the principal, but I definitely have gained a greater testimony of the gathering and such strong yearning to aid in the process of it's happening.
So much has already happened already.. but so much is more to come.
I want to go to the temple and do baptisms more regularly.
I want to write my tesitmony in Books of Mormon and give them to people.
I want people to read this blog and KNOW that I know that the teachings of the gospel are true.
I want to make a goal to serve a mission.
I want to set a better example for those around me.
I want to be there when Christ comes again,
 and be able to say that I have helped to bring unity in the gospel throughout the earth.
The end.:)
Now I'm going to figure out whether we have a conventional oven or a convection oven.
Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment