Thursday, January 8, 2015
You can call me mama jo.
Now that most of the morning sickness is over, Steven and I are so excited to announce that we get to be PARENTS! BabyIs is due August 6. I feel so excited and blessed to be bringing a little babe into this crazy world.
Nausea
Since my first appointment I have lost 8 pounds (why couldn't I have done that pre-pregnancy?), dealt with a lot of nausea and a little vomiting, but overall have been really lucky to not have to change anything in my every-day busy schedule. I'm not showing to the public eye yet, but I definitely see a difference in my waist and I feel chubbier.
Cravings
I don't crave pickles and ice cream or anything weird like that, just fruity lemonade! And I have been drinking a TON of it! Simply Raspberry Lemonade is definitely the best.
Sleep
I never have time to take naps, so I hit the hay no later than 10:15 these days, and by them I am EXHAUSTED! I wake up every morning around 3a.m. (awesome.. not.) and I have the most random dreams! Steven is so good to always let me tell him all about them. :)
Exercise
I am sllooooowwwwwwllllyyyyy starting to train for a half marathon that I want to do in a couple of months! And by slowly, I mean super slowly. The longest length I've done yet is 4 miles, with walking every other half mile. It feels really good to exercise and is definitely helping the nausea and sleep problems.
Life
We're so so busy, both working and going to school full-time. We have been so blessed with good jobs and an affordable education. We're moving out of our tiny studio apartment at the end of this month into something a little bit bigger, but it's only two blocks north so we'll still be in the same ward and will be able to take advantage of the perfect location. I have been singing in a barbershop quartet with a couple ladies in my ward and my home-town girl Ashley, and it's so fun! Steven is working hard and being as sweet as ever. Every night as I pray, I always thank God for putting him in my life. Every morning as I pray, I always thank God again for putting him in my life. He's incredible. He recently started working with me at the behavioral girls home, and he's so so so good with them. He is so patient, understanding, and full of love- exactly what those girls need. Also, he's getting really good at getting free Carl's Junior hamburgers.
We miss our families and friends and can't wait to come back home to see everyone. Life is so good. Being a mom is seriously a dream come true. I can't wait! 30 weeks left!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment