As I said in the last post, I WENT HIKING!!!!
After getting us on the wrong trail at first, and then with a walk around the lake, I think it ended up being close to a 20 miler.
My pals T, A, and I went up to Ice Lake in the Eagle Caps. I backpacked up there with my dad a few weeks ago and loved it so much I had to go back in a day trip. Its just lovely.
 |
| This picture is so awkward. And if A had pushed my off that waterfall.. so help me.. he'da been dead meat. |
 |
| Ice Lake!!!!!!!!! |
 |
| When my dad and I came, we summited the Matterhorn, which is the white-ish mountain in the center (behind two other mountains). It's NOT covered in snow.. just a lot of skree. |
 |
| Photo cred to TO. |
 |
| If you know me, you know I can sleep anywhere, in any position, at any time. So I took a nap on those rocks right there in the bottom right corner. It was great. |
 |
| Sososoooo clear and beautiful. |
 |
| T Man, A Mon (haha.. get it?), and I |
 |
| A jumped in.. what a CRAZY. |
 |
| Sooo happy to be coming back down, just had to take a selfie. ;) |
 |
My poor little toes are DESTROYED after everything this summer. This hike ruined my fresh pedicure! Oh well.. definitely worth it.
I just LOVE the mountains. They bring me a peace that is only similar to peace found in the temple.
Gosh. I just love life. Even with the super lame things that naturally happen. I'm realizing that God knows everything and has a reason for allowing things to happen. We may never understand His wisdom, we simply have to trust His will. But dang it! That's so hard for me. I just want things to go my way all the time (oldest child syndrome? haha), but it can't be. And I know that this trial that seems HUGE right now will seem tiny 10 years down the road, and that I'll be so thankful God changed my path for me. Patience. Perseverance. :)
|
No comments:
Post a Comment