Monday, June 4, 2012

homeyhomehome!

phew. this week has been crazy.
lot's and lot's of things have happened!
thursday before memorial day. i once again decided to join the single ladies of 602.
friday. Shanelle, Richard, Carlee Spratling and I headed off to HOME!
oh sweet beautiful eastern, oregon. truly God's country.
Saturday. Shanelle and I ran to the North Hill.. then walked up it and back home.
ouch.
Then we went to Tri Cities! My mom and Doug wanted to do a session in the temple,
so Shanelle and I took everyone to Toy R' Us and Target. Yiiiiiiiikes. It's rough. But fun.:)





Then we went to Olive Garden! It was Jenna's birthday dinner.
We don't get to go out to dinner as a family to places like that very often, so it was great to get to experience that while being home.
After that we had a little party for Jenna, and Shanelle and I went and met up with some branch fellas!
Sunday. Sunday was a little tender.
We went to first ward. Dillon Hubbard, Matt Hubbard, and Mike Baxter spoke.
 All were such good talks. The spirit was definitely present.
We went to the branch. Ethan Hannum spoke for the first time! Also speaking were Ashley Spratling and Mike Baxter. Once again, all were good.
But darn it, sometimes I think God likes to pull on my emotions and heartstrings.
And sometimes it just leaves things a little tender and sore.
After church, Mike gave Shanelle a motorcycle ride! She is such a biker babe!

Sunday night.. we finger painted! Finger painting has definitely become my new release.

Then we hit the backroads with my beautiful friend Karlee!!! I just love her.




Monday. Motorcycle ride number two. I got one this time too! :)
Gosh. Just so fun.
Then I got a blessing, ate some lunch, and came back to Rexburg!
Oh joy.

And can I just say... I love Shanelle! She is the best. And my mom loves her too... which wouldn't be a problem, except now she loves her more than she loves me. Yep. ;)

Ya know, God really does love us.
This sounds silly, but I'm finally realizing what it means to have faith.
He has a plan for us. It's true.
I'm also realizing that everyone has agency.
Just because I receive an answer to a prayer, it doesn't mean that others receive the same answer.
We have agency... the ability to choose.
And our choices affect those around us! Who'da thought?
But it's real.
Also,  sometimes what we want just isn't what God wants.
And it SEEMS like it stinks.. but in all reality, it's the greatest.
Eternal perspective. Eternal perspective. Eternal perspective.
We have to follow His will. It's so important.
Amen.

:)