Sunday, January 15, 2012

good. better. best.

After my last post, I received a little message from my cousin Sarah.
Something she said motivated to write this post! (So thanks Sarah:))

I've mentioned everything I could ever dream of in my future fella.
But! I need to be the kind of woman that deserves such a man.
I've made myself a list of the qualities I want to have.

patient
a friend to my children
sympathetic
honest
early-rising
fit
well-educated
not be afraid to ask for blessings
spiritual
have deep, thought-provoking discussions with my family
goofy
appreciative
humble
soccer mom
good cook (always remember to add flour when baking bread...)
roll on the floor and play with my little kids
give attention to each of my children... no one left out
listener
handy-woman
enjoy the outdoors
call my mom regularly... just to chat
take pictures!
technologically savvy
trendy
organized
service-minded
genuine
kind
a softey
long hair
punctual
a blogger
know how to have fun
laugh a lot!
manage money
know how to prioritize my time
never yell
always speak in an uplifting manner
dance around the kitchen
make sure my children know i have a testimony of Christ
hardworking
know the scriptures and teachings of the prophets
creative
adventurous
go to the temple regularly
be good, better, best.

yes.. some of these qualities are quite vain, I will admit.
but if i ever start to forget what is truly important and how i need to be...
i will just need to look at my momma.
she's the best womanwifemotherfrienddaughtersister out there.
a true example. <3
love ya mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment