I'm a college girl at BYU-Idaho. Let me tell ya... life here is so.much.fun.
If only you could live with my roommates. You would be the luckiest fella or lady in the world.
You would not BELIEVE what one of my roommates did for me. I hope you think it's as funny as I thought it was... it's definitely kind of the classic college best-friend/roommate kinda story...
Once upon a time, there was this really cute boy who attends college here (let's call him Eugene, for safety's sake). Well, my lovely roommate just happens to have a class with this boy. So she sees him every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.. and she knew I kind of slightely had a little crush on him.
Just for me, she was going to muster up the courage to try and sit by Eugene during class one day so that she could be like.. "Hey! You know my friend Jordan?!" And then, ya know... he'd naturally be like, "YES! I've been planning to ask her out for AGES!" Just joking. Anyways, when she went to go sit by him, he was already surrounded by like a million other girls! And there was no room for my sweet roommate. Oh well! she thought. I'll catch him after class! Well, about ten minutes before class is to end she sees him loading up his books and start to leave class! She was getting desperate now, so she ubruptly threw everything into her bag (while probably getting weird looks from the people around her) and busted out of that chair to catch up to him.
He opened the door for her. She thought, "PERFECT! Maybe I can talk to him now." But no. He runs into the hallway and just happens to stop by some other girl and he knows and starts talking to her. My roommate grabs her phone and fakes a phone call to save time, then finds a girl she knows and can talk to! So they start visiting, but then Eugene leaves again! So she quickly ends her conversation with her friend to run after this guy, but he is walking so fast! He practically jumps down a flight of stairs... so she quickly hurries down them as well. And then he starts RUNNING! Literally running. And that was the end of her journey.
Dear roommate, it would have been really great had you been able to talk to him... but your efforts were above and beyond anything I could have ever dreamed of. I sit here with tears rollin along down my cheeks from laughing as I am writing this story. I will never forget it. So thanks. :)
Signed, Jordan
See? Now don't I have the best roommates ever? Yes, yes I do.
No comments:
Post a Comment