This last week was Thanksgiving break!
It was my very first as a college student.
So, I got to experience the whole drive home, borrowing someone else's room, etc.
It was lovely.
I ate lots of food... and probably gained quite a few pounds. yikes.
so I'll start from the beginning...
Chapter one.
Once upon a time,
in a far away land, was home.
I hopped onto my noble steed (or into Richard's car, but whats the diff?),
and began traveling through the
steep mountains, dense forests, and desolate deserts.
After many hours, I arrived at my doorstep!
There really is no other feeling that can compare
to the feeling of arriving home after being gone for a long while.
How I love my family!
Chapter two.
At about 4:50 a.m. on Wednesday I got a phone call!!
It was from Kayla! How sweet!
And I got to talk to Elder Steven!
Yesssssssssss!!!!!!!!!
It was soooooo fun getting to hear him talk.
(Secretly... I was really very afraid that he was going to be so different.
And he is! Spiritually.
But then he talked about politics. And he's the same!)
He was at the MTC leaving the airport.
And now he's in the field!!
St. George, UT... you are one lucky place to get this elder.
chapter 3.
On Wednesday my mom and I went and saw Breaking Dawn for the second time!!
So fun. I just love my mom. <3
chapter 4.
Thursday was Thanksgiving and my BIRTHDAY!
I got to spend time with my dad and brother Ben,
AND
my mom's side of the fam.
Together, that equals TWO Thanksgiving dinners for me!
I bet ya'll wish your family made you a special feast on YOUR birthday.
Here is the cake I made for myself...
It was sooo fun to make!! The inside had 4 layers,
each a different shade of pink.
(I dont know why I've been so girly... I blame it on the cold Rexburg air?)
My grandparents even came over!
[at about 7pm my mom looks at me and says, "Jordan! 19 years ago I was probably pushing at this minute!"
Then my grandma started making pushing sounds.... haahaha?]
Overall, it was such a good birthday.
Chapter 4.
I have the CUTEST siblings EVER.
Here are some pictures.
Amelia. 5 months. She is just getting so big!
Claire. 2 years. She is so smart! And just so funny!
I love Amelia's face in this one! And David. 8 years. What a ham.
"Look at my chest hairs!!" Bahahaha.
Grace. 4 years. What a love bug.
Jenna. 10 years. Sweet thang. I love this picture of us!
"How many teeth have YOU lost Jordan?
...Well, I've lost FIVE!"
...Well, I've lost FIVE!"
Cassidy. 11 years. She's a beauty. :)
Grace again.
I hear her exclaim,
"My PANTS! I've found my FAVORITE pants!!!!"
And so I was thinking, weird... I didn't know 4 year olds would have favorite pants.. but okay...
Then she came around the corner with these. Construction paper pants.
How funny.
Epilogue.
Overall, this trip home was so fun.
I love my family so much. I am so greatful for them and all that they do for me.
One thing about Rexburg is I feel like I've learned a lot of patience;
I was really able to enjoy my little brother and sisters because of that.
They are growing up to be such great people.
I am so grateful for my friends!
I had such a great time catching up with them!
Although... my favorite thing was hanging out with Karl last night.
She is just the coolest lady.
We ate some deLISH chinese (Kwongs... duh.)
Then drove some backroads while blasting country music and singing at the tops of our lungs.
It was... home.
I love Rexburg and the change its brought me,
but Pendleton will forever be home.Thanks to everybody who has helped me grow and be what I am today.
I could never have done it without ya.
The end.














No comments:
Post a Comment