Friday, January 17, 2014

Halloween Half Marathon

Third half marathon.. DONE AND DONE.

This girl and I maintained about the same pace for most of the race, so we got to chattin' in between breaths. She was so sweet and it was great having a partner. We definitely pushed each other beyond what we thought we could do!

Lovin life.. you betta believe it!

HATING LIFE. This had to have been taken in the last mile or so, where life SUCKED.
I almost threw up at mile 11, and crashed mentally and physically after that. BOO. Oh well.
This race was so incredibly fun and beautiful! It started up Provo canyon and ended right near the Riverwoods. Majority of it was down hill.. which was nice too. I didn't have a PR or anything, but I blame it on the 4000 ft. gain going from Oregon to Utah. ;) They had a lot to offer, both good and bad, after the race. The atmosphere was pretty fun, the free massages were way nice, and the free food was a bonus (as always). They were pretty unorganized with the drop bags, but it'll be an easy fix for their future races. I will DEFINITELY be doing this race again next year.. and heck, maybe I'll even dress up for once! 

Times:
Aug. 2, 2013 Catherine Creek Half Marathon: 1:50:00
Oct. 12, 2013 Fall Festival Autumn 4000 Acres Run: 2:01:20
Oct. 26, 2013 Provo Halloween Half Marathon: 1:54:38

No comments:

Post a Comment